arrow drop search cross

Village de Clérieux

Village de Clérieux

Address

12 Place Henri Bossanne

CLÉRIEUX

Contact

Languages spoken

  • French

Description

Clérieux était le siège d’un important domaine foncier du Haut Moyen recouvrant la vallée de l’Herbasse que l’on appelle parfois Valclérieux, et devenu ensuite un fief important aux mains d’une famille puissante, les Clérieux du Xe au XIVe siècle.

Number of inhabitants: 2,017
Area: 1,353 ha.

The village of Clérieux is located 10 km to the west of Romans.
The origins of the name Clérieux remain a mystery, but the many Roman remains found all across the territory of the district allow it to be stated that it is a name of Gallo-Roman origins. Excavations carried out prior to the construction work for the high-speed rail line revealed three archaeological sites.
In the Middle Ages, the village headed one of the leading fiefdoms of the Dauphinate. Under the Ancien Régime, the community of Clérieux comprised two parishes: Clérieux and Saint-Bardoux (established as a separate district in 1886).

Tips

Fête du village pour Pentecôte
Marche des deux collines le 1er dimanche d'Avril

See also