Morning: Cité de la Chaussure and a sightseeing tour of Romans
- Come to the Cité de la Chaussure in Romans at 10am. The tour of this historic building and the production workshops takes 1 hour. Take the time to observe the different stages involved in shoemaking.
- From there, you can explore the historic centre of Romans .
- You will be drawn to the Jacquemart tower with its monumental clock, huge bell and mechanical figure.
- Then carry on exploring the local heritage sites with Saint-Barnard Collegiate Church . This beautiful church overlooks the banks of the Isère.
Lunchtime: lunch out on the terrace
Afternoon: Walk in Naix Woods
- After lunch, cross over the old bridge and walk along the banks of the Isère. It will take you around 15 minutes before you arrive in Naix woods .
- There's an orienteering trail here that is suitable for families and takes around 1.5 hours to complete. You can purchase all the documents you need for this trail at the Tourist Office.
- Continue your afternooon of sightseeing at Pascalis, the pogne museum . In July and August, you can visit the museum from Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30am to 12pm, without booking in advance. The perfect time to go is 10:30am so you can actually see this local speciality being made. The rest of the year, you must make a prior booking to visit the museum! The tour takes around 30 minutes, including the film showing and tasting!
Evening / overnight: Ice cream and souvenir
- The glacier Saint Nicolas , rue Saint Nicolas, is one of the best ice cream parlours in Romans. It is open every day from 3pm to 11:30pm from the 1st June to the 31st August. You can taste the delicious homemade ice cream of your choice.
- They also sell sweet pancakes.
- If you stop by the Tourist Office you can purchase some souvenirs of your stay here, for example the apron with the words "ceci n'est pas un ravioli" or a t-shirt with "enfant haut comme 3 pognes".
- At the end of the day, head towards the hôtel Karene Saint-Paul-Lès-Romans . It is now time to relax in a comfortable room and enjoy the hotel gardens and swimming pool, before starting your second day.
Morning: Sentiers des Pellafoles in Barbières
- Come to the village of Barbières . This morning you'll be having some fun in the great outdoors.
- You can explore the village in an original way with a treasure hunt. The map for the treasure hunt is available at the Tourist Office.
- Set off along the Sentier des Pellafoles footpath for a 2-hour walk. The village is overlooked by the ruins of the ancient Château de Pellafol. Admire the view of the foothills of the Vercors and Monts du Matin.
Lunchtime: have a picnic near the footpath
Make the most of this magnificent natural setting and stop off for a picnic.
Afternoon: Leisure activities
- When you've finished your walk, head towards Alixan to discover this charming little village and have some fun at the leisure park for children aged 6 and over. Paintball and games offers numerous activities in a fun, welcoming and family-friendly setting. You can try painballing for children, archery or human table football. The choice is yours.