Ruines du Château de Rochefort
The remains of the Château de Rochefort, dating from the Middle Ages, are located on the hill at the entrance to the village. Clearly visible from the plain, they are accessible via a footpath.
An orientation table offers a panoramic view.
As at Saint-Vincent and Barbières, the narrow gorge was dominated in the Middle Ages by a castle that controlled access.
The perched site of Rochefort castle was matched below by that of Samson, where a church is mentioned in 1046. Rochefort castle was destroyed during the Wars of Religion, and only a few vestiges remain. The village has preserved a few mullioned windows.
The remains of Rochefort castle, dating from the Middle Ages, are located on the hill at the entrance to the village. Clearly visible from the plain and accessible via a footpath, they include a surrounding wall, a moat and part of the keep, pierced by two loopholes. The dungeon's courtyard features a lava-stone orientation table offering a vast panoramic view.
The two telescopes of the "Alpha-Centaure" astronomy club are located above the first perimeter wall.