In 1548, in the Cathedral cloisters was constructed the funerary monument of the Canon (priest) Mistral. Constructed in molasse stone, its triumphal arch shape bears witness to the increased interest in Antiquity by the Renaissance movement.
Sold as national property in 1796, the crypt was used at the end of the 18th century as a cellar and cesspool. Acquired by the City, the Pendentif was one of the first listed monuments in France (1840) barely three years after the creation of the Commission des Monuments Historiques and the passage of Prosper Mérimée in Drôme.
Toute l'année : ouvert tous les jours