Eglise Notre Dame de Lourdes
Consecrated in 1940, Notre-Dame de Lourdes serves the new station district. The work was entrusted to architect François Bérenger, who designed a "modern Gothic" church in reinforced concrete.
The side walls are adorned with paintings depicting the Stations of the Cross. Modern stained-glass windows depict the faces of donors.
The seven-metre-high figure of Notre Dame towers forty-five metres above the town square.
The church has been awarded the "Patrimoine du XXe siècle" label.
Church built between 1937 and 1938, designed by architect François Béranger and inspired by Dom Bellot, the "monk architect". This reinforced concrete monument is emblematic of the Art Deco style, with its geometric forms dominated by right angles. The façade is punctuated by Gothic openings and gables. The bell tower rises to a height of 45 m. The statue of the Virgin Mary, nearly 7 m high, and the other statues are by Georges Serraz. The three interior bays combine to form a single cupola. The altar is by the sculptor Toros.
The 67 stained-glass windows installed in 1942 were designed by A. Balmet of Grenoble. Balmet of Grenoble, featuring the four Evangelists and the Virgin Mary in all her symbolic forms (notably as Queen of France). The Stations of the Cross, a monumental work by painter Jac Martin-Ferrière, covers the six side walls. The paintings, blackened by fire in 1982, have been restored to their original condition. The last panel features the church.
The monument has been awarded the "20th-century heritage" label.
All year round, daily.