Old Bridge

Old Bridge

Address

Quai Dauphin

ROMANS-SUR-ISÈRE

Contact

Languages spoken

  • French

Description

The first mention of this Bridge in the Archives dates from 1033.

The Bridge allows the Canons of Saint-Barnard to establish "tolls" on people, animals and goods which become an important source of income.

A Fortified Gate defending the bridge was built in 1393 ... and demolished at the start of the 19th century.
This fortified door appears on the coat of arms of the city.
Many times swept away by the floods and then rebuilt over the centuries, the Old Bridge will be caught in the storm of the Second World War and partly destroyed, first in June 1940 then again in August 1944!

Location

See also

no pic

Historic center of Romans

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

La Fresque - Place du 8 mai 1945

Cultural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

Statue "Le Coq"

Cultural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

Collegiate church of Saint Barnard

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

La Citadelle Mossant

Cultural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

Hôtel Thomé

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

The tour Jacquemart

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

La Rue des Trois-Carreaux

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

Woods "Les Naix"

Natural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

Sculpture "Le Cerf"

Cultural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

Le Tombeau de Delay d'Agier

Cultural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

Les quais de Bourg de Péage

Natural heritage

Bourg-de-Péage
no pic

The Place aux Herbes

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

Rue St Nicolas

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

La Maison du Mouton

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

Place Maurice Faure

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

La Rue de l'Armillerie

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère
no pic

La Passerelle entre Bourg de Péage et Romans

Cultural heritage

Romans-sur-Isère